Green Schools Program
The Next Generation Green Schools Program exists to foster environmental education, youth leadership development, and green behaviors and operations in our schools. We work with students, teachers and administrators at elementary, middle and high schools to tailor a comprehensive program that supports current school priorities and engages students to create a sustainable future.
- In-class lessons and school-wide assemblies on environmental and social issues, sustainable solutions, and youth empowerment. View video of our Reduce Reuse Recycle Assembly for Elementary Students.
- Eco Adventure Field Trips to local farms, green businesses, environmental education centers and natural areas
- Leadership skills development, including school club facilitation and Eco Leadership Trainings
- Green Schools projects encompassing waste, food, transportation, energy, water, school gardens and sustainable products
- School and community events, including Green Weeks at our main school sites
- Resources like our Sustainable Food Choices Action Guide, Make A Difference Guide, Waste Wise Action Guide, Energy Action Guide, and Water Wise Action Guide.
- Our Green Schools Operations Guide to Energy Use, Waste Reduction and Recovery and Sustainable Water Use is a great place to start!
We can work with your school or youth group to tailor our programs to your needs!